|Oklahoma State University||Stillwater|
|Oklahoma Baptist University||Shawnee|
|Oklahoma Christian University||Edmund|
|Oklahoma City University||Oklahoma City|
|Oklahoma Wesleyan University,||Bartlesville|
|Southern Nazarene University||Bethany|
|Southeastern Oklahoma State University||Durant|
Oklahoma is home to 60 recognized colleges and universities. Many of these schools offer business programs at all degree levels and some even offer fully online programs. In fact, eight of these schools made our list of Best Online MBA Programs in Oklahoma, along with several AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accredited schools.
Let’s take a look at what these schools have to offer, along with a number of other nationally ranked options in neighboring states.
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater
The Spears School of Business, Watson Graduate School of Management at Oklahoma State University (OSU) offers two MBA Programs that may be completed entirely online. Options include a 42 credit hour part-time program and a 45 credit hour full-time program. Concentrations include Business Sustainability, Data Science, Energy Business, Entrepreneurship, Global Marketing, Human Resource Management, Information Assurance, Marketing Analytics, and Non-Profit Management. In addition to completing a Concentration, students in both AACSB accredited programs may earn a Certificate in Analytics and Data Mining or Marketing Analytics. Both programs were designed in partnership with SAS, a leading provider of marketing analytics software and services.
The Online MBA at OSU may be completed in as few as 18 months full-time, and the part-time MBA is self-paced. Rankings for the OSU Online MBA Program are as follows:
- Ranked #34 Nationally in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 10% of schools)
- Ranked #6 in the Southwest in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 11% of schools considered)
- Ranked #131 Nationally by U.S. News & World Report
Cameron University, Lawton
The School of Graduate and Professional Studies, Department of Business at Cameron University offers an MBA Program that features coursework that may be completed online, evenings and via Interactive Television (ITV). The 45 credit hour program consists of 12 hours of foundation courses, 24 hours of core courses, and nine hours of electives. Options for electives can range from Portfolio Management courses to Training & Development. All Online MBA students are eligible to participate in an educational trip to New York City, which takes place each year. BancFirst Endowed Lectureship pays for travel and boarding and the trip covers the Financial District, New York Stock Exchange and the Bloomberg Building.
The Cameron University Department of Business is fully accredited by ACBSP – The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs.
Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee
The Paul Dickinson College of Business at Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU) offers an MBA Program that may be completed online, on-campus or through a combination of the two (Hybrid). Focus Options include Project Management (39 credit hours), Leadership (39 credit hours), Energy Management (36 credit hours), and International Business (36 credit hours). All options can be completed in as few as 24 months. As part of Oklahoma Baptist University, the OBU Online MBA OBU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond
The Graduate School of Business at Oklahoma Christian University (OC) offers an Online MBA Program that ranked as the #1 Best Value Christian MBA program in the U.S. Christian Universities Online (2015). This 48 credit hour, ACBSP accredited program consists of four preparatory courses, nine core courses and three Concentration courses. Options include Accounting, Leadership and Organizational Development, Project Management, Health Services Management, Marketing, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, and International Business. As an alternative to selecting a Concentration, students can choose any three courses from among the options listed above and receive a General MBA degree. Students can expect to complete the OC Online MBA in as few as 12 to 16 months.
Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City
The Meinders School of Business at Oklahoma City University (OKCU) offers a Professional MBA that is available in two formats: LIVE-Streaming Distance Education and On-Campus. Students who live outside of a 50-mile radius from the Oklahoma City campus can attend class in real-time, with their cohort and professors. Cohorts are structured to meet one night a week, over the course of two years, with the exception of the first semester. Students can expect to meet twice a week for the first 16 weeks to accommodate the Exclusive Leadership course. Prerequisites are not required are not required for the AACSB accredited Meinders Professional MBA Program.
Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Bartlesville
Chesapeake Energy School of Business at Oklahoma Wesleyan University (OKWU) offers an Online MBA with five optional Emphasis areas including Human Resources Management, Finance, Marketing, Organizational Leadership, or Nursing Management. The OKWU MBA consists of 36 to 39 credit hours including 30 hours of Core Business Curriculum, six hours of Core Concentration, and three hours of Seminar if required by the admissions committee.
Oklahoma Wesleyan University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Southern Nazarene University, Bethany
The College of Professional & Graduate Studies at Southern Nazarene University (SNU) offers MBA & MBA-Health Care (MBA-HC) programs online. Both programs consist of 40 credit hours and the entire program can be completed in 22 months. Programs are delivered in an accelerated format and courses are taken consecutively, “strategically sequenced as building blocks to provide the broad base of skills needed for business success,” says the school. Just a few required courses for both programs include Organizational Communication, Strategic Management, The Economic Environment, Human Resource Management and Administration, and Management of Organizational Behavior. MBA-HC students will also take courses such as Ethics in Healthcare, Health Care Administration and Legal Environment in Healthcare.
Southern Nazarene University is member of the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) with accreditation of all degrees conferred up and through the master's level.
Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Durant
John Massey School of Business at Southeastern Oklahoma State University (SOSU) offers a 100% Online MBA that does not require GMAT scores to apply. The 36 credit hour program has a total of 12 Concentration options including unique options such as Aerospace Logistics, Native American Leadership, and Safety, and other in demand areas such as Healthcare Information Systems, Finance, and Human Resources. A General MBA option is also available. Courses are seven weeks and all MBA options for this AACSB accredited program can be completed in as few as 12 months.
While the schools listed above rank among the best, they are not the only options. Students seeking a relatively local Online MBA option may want to consider the following programs in the neighboring states of Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Texas, and New Mexico:
- Arkansas State University, Jonesboro
- Harding University, Searcy
- John Brown University, Siloam Springs
- Southern Arkansas University, Magnolia
- University of Central Arkansas, Conway
- Colorado Christian University, Lakewood
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins
- Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs
- Regis University, Denver
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs
- University of Colorado-Denver, Denver
- Baker University, Baldwin City
- Campbellsville University, Campbellsville
- Emporia State University, Emporia
- Fort Hays State University, Hays
- Friends University, Wichita
- Kansas State University, Manhattan
- Ottawa University, Ottawa
- Southwestern College, Winfield, Wichita
- Tabor College, Hillsboro
- University of Kansas, Lawrence
- University of Saint Mary, Leavenworth
- Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla
- Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau
- Columbia College, Columbia
- Missouri State University, Springfield
- Lindenwood University, St. Charles
- Webster University, Webster Groves
- Park University, Parkville
- Maryville University of St. Louis, St. Louis
- Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville
- William Woods University, Fulton
- Fontbonne University, St. Louis
- Grantham University, Kansas City
- Missouri Baptist University, St. Louis
- Missouri Southern State University, Joplin
- Stephens College, Columbia
- Eastern New Mexico University, Portales
- University of the Southwest, Hobbs
- Amberton University, Garland
- Baylor University, Waco
- Dallas Baptist University, Dallas
- Lamar University, Beaumont
- LeTourneau University, Longview
- Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio
- Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View
- Sam Houston State University, Huntsville
- Sul Ross State University, Alpine
- Tarleton State University, Stephenville
- Texas A&M University Central Texas, Killeen
- Texas A&M University-Commerce, Commerce
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Kingsville
- Texas Southern University, Houston
- Texas Woman’s University, Denton
- University of Dallas, Irving
- University of Houston-Clear Lake, Houston
- University of Houston-Victoria, Victoria
- University of North Texas, Denton
- University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson
- University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler
- University of Texas of the Permian Basin, Odessa
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (formerly University of Texas Brownsville and University of Texas – Pan American), Brownsville, Edinburg, Harlingen
- University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio
- Wayland Baptist College, Plainview
- West Texas A&M University, Canyon