|University of the Southwest||Hobbs|
|Eastern New Mexico University||Portales|
|New Mexico State University||Las Cruces|
|New Mexico Highlands University||Las Vegas|
New Mexico is home to more than 40 recognized colleges and universities. Many of these schools offer business programs at all degree levels and some even offer fully online programs. Two of these schools made our list of Best Online MBA Programs in New Mexico. Let’s take a look at what these schools have to offer, along with a number of other nationally ranked colleges in neighboring states.
University of the Southwest, Hobbs
The School of Business at University of the Southwest (USW) offers a fully Online MBA Program that may be completed in as few as 12 months. This accelerated, 36 credit hour program offers eight Specializations including Accounting, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Law Enforcement & Corrections, Marketing, Research, Sports Management, and Strategic Management. An MBA in Public Administration and an MBA in Human Resource Development are also available, as well as a Self-Designed MBA “designed to provide students with a customized, versatile Specialization that is directly relevant to their existing or intended career path.” As part of USW, the School of Business is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Eastern New Mexico University, Portales
The College of Business (COB) at Eastern New Mexico University (ENMU) offers an MBA Program that may be completed 100% online. The program requires 30 credit hours to complete and includes core courses such as Managerial Research Analysis, Operations Management, Information Systems for Managers, Integrative Strategic Management, and Production and Operations Management. A Comprehensive Integrative Experience is required for all MBA degree plans and Graduate Assistantship (GA) positions are also available. Students who have a BBA degree typically complete the ENMU Online MBA Program within two years. However, students may finish the degree within an academic year. This MBA Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
New Mexico State University, Las Cruces
The College of Business at New Mexico State University (NMSU) offers a Cohort-based Distance MBA that begins with a face-to-face orientation on the Las Cruces campus and concludes with a three-day meeting in Las Cruces. Courses are delivered online and include a synchronous component in which students are able to engage at a distance on one evening each week.
Optional Specializations include Agribusiness, Finance, and Information Systems.
According to the school, this Hybrid MBA Program allows students to obtain their MBA in just 24 months. The Hybrid MBA at NMSU is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
New Mexico Highlands University, Las Vegas, New Mexico
The School of Business, Media, and Technology at New Mexico Highlands University (NMHU) offers an MBA Program that may be completed entirely online. The 37 credit hour program offers Concentrations in Accounting, Finance, International Business, Human Resources Management, Management, Marketing, and Oil and Gas Management. If needed, Online MBA students have access to the school’s main campus in Las Vegas, New Mexico as well as statewide centers in Albuquerque, Española, Farmington, Rio Rancho, Roswell, and Santa Fe. The NMHU Online MBA is ACBSP accredited.
Looking for even more Online MBA programs in the region? Students seeking a relatively local Online MBA option might consider the following ranked programs in the neighboring states of Arizona, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- Arizona State University, Tempe
- Grand Canyon University, Phoenix
- Thunderbird School of Global Management, Glendale
- University of Arizona, Tucson
- University of Phoenix, Tempe
- Colorado Christian University, Lakewood
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins
- Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs
- Regis University, Denver
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs
- University of Colorado-Denver, Denver
- Cameron University, Lawton
- Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee
- Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond
- Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Bartlesville
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Durant
- Southern Nazarene University, Bethany
- Amberton University, Garland
- Baylor University, Waco
- Dallas Baptist University, Dallas
- Lamar University, Beaumont
- LeTourneau University, Longview
- Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio
- Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View
- Sam Houston State University, Huntsville
- Sul Ross State University, Alpine
- Tarleton State University, Stephenville
- Texas A&M University Central Texas, Killeen
- Texas A&M University-Commerce, Commerce
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Kingsville
- Texas Southern University, Houston
- Texas Woman’s University, Denton
- University of Dallas, Irving
- University of Houston-Clear Lake, Houston
- University of Houston-Victoria, Victoria
- University of North Texas, Denton
- University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson
- University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler
- University of Texas of the Permian Basin, Odessa
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (formerly University of Texas Brownsville and University of Texas – Pan American), Brownsville, Edinburg, Harlingen
- University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio
- Wayland Baptist College, Plainview
- West Texas A&M University, Canyon