|University of Nebraska||Lincoln|
|Chadron State College||Chadron|
Nebraska is home to more than 40 recognized colleges and universities. These institutions house a number of top business schools that offer programs for students seeking anything from an undergraduate Certificate in Business Management, to a Ph.D. in Business Administration. Four of the state’s best business schools are accredited by the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), while others have been accredited by agencies such as the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). Several of the state’s top accredited business schools made our list of the Best Online MBA Programs in Nebraska.
Let’s take a look at what these schools have to offer, along with a number of other leading options in neighboring states.
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
The College of Business at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) offers a 48 credit hour MBA that is offered entirely online. Students will never have to come to campus, says UNL, which makes this option the “most flexible” of the school’s three MBA programs. The program includes 10 core classes (30 hours), nine hours of breadth electives, and nine hours of electives. Specialization options include Agribusiness, Business Analytics, Finance and Marketing, International Business, and Supply Chain Management. Students may begin their studies in January, March, June, August or October of each year.
While the average completion time for the UNL Online MBA is three years, it is possible to complete the program in 1.5 years. However, students are allowed up to 10 years to complete this AACSB accredited program. Rankings for the UNL Online MBA are as follows:
- Ranked #2 in the Midwest in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 2% of schools considered)
- Ranked #9 Nationally among Public Schools and Colleges in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 7% of schools considered)
- Ranked #11 Nationally in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 4% of schools)
- Ranked #15 Nationally by U.S. News & World Report
Creighton University, Omaha
The Heider College of Business at Creighton University offers a 33 credit hour MBA that may be completed 100% online. The program offers four specializations including Investments, Information Technology Management, Accounting, and Leadership. In addition to choosing a specialization, students have the option to combine campus-based and online courses or complete a dual degree program, which is also available 100% online. Dual options include the MBA/Master of Security Analysis and Portfolio Management (MSAPM) or MBA/MSAPM, and the Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Analytics (MS-BIA) or MBA/MS-BIA.
Both programs require 48 credit hours of study to graduate and they may be completed in just over two years. As part of the Heider College of Business, all Online MBA Programs are AACSB accredited.
- Ranked #3 among Catholic Schools in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings
- Ranked #5 among Faith-Based Schools in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings
- Ranked #15 Nationally among Private Schools and Colleges in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 8% of schools considered)
- Ranked #44 Nationally by U.S. News & World Report
Bellevue University, Bellevue
The College of Business at Bellevue University offers three Online MBA Options including the Traditional MBA, MBA (Cohort), and Strategic MBA (SMBA). The Traditional MBA offers 19 Concentrations including a number of unique options such as Acquisition and Contract Management, Cybersecurity, Executive Coaching, Global Economic Threat Environment, and Human Capital Management. The Cohort MBA equips students to “achieve successful business results by developing strong problem-solving, decision-making, team building and technical skills,” while the SMBA is a “performance-oriented Online MBA that emphasizes business and organization value creation.” Each program requires 36 credit hours to graduate.
Bellevue University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) through the U.S. Department of Education and the MBA, which ranked #141 Nationally by U.S. News & World Report, has received specialized accreditation through IACBE.
Chadron State College, Chadron
The Business Academy at Chadron State College (CSC) offers an MBA program that may be completed entirely or partially online. This 36 credit hour program is offered in an eight-week format, with two eight-week sessions per semester. According to CSC, “due to graduate course rotations, the MBA program is not designed to be completed quicker than two academic years.” Required courses include Corporate Finance, Legal & Social Environment of Business, and Information Systems for Managers, to name a few. Students may select three electives, for a total of nine credit hours. Just a few unique options include Human Capital Management, Entrepreneurship – New Venture Creation, and Managerial Agricultural Policy. The CSC Online MBA is ACBSP accredited.
While the schools listed above rank among the best, they are not the only options. Students seeking a relatively local Online MBA option may want to consider the following programs in the neighboring states of Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, South Dakota, and Wyoming:
- Colorado Christian University, Lakewood
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins
- Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs
- Regis University, Denver
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs
- University of Colorado-Denver, Denver
- Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield
- Upper Iowa University, Fayette
- Baker University, Baldwin City
- Campbellsville University, Campbellsville
- Emporia State University, Emporia
- Fort Hays State University, Hays
- Friends University, Wichita
- Kansas State University, Manhattan
- Ottawa University, Ottawa
- Southwestern College, Winfield, Wichita
- Tabor College, Hillsboro
- University of Kansas, Lawrence
- University of Saint Mary, Leavenworth
- Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla
- Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau
- Columbia College, Columbia
- Missouri State University, Springfield
- Lindenwood University, St. Charles
- Webster University, Webster Groves
- Park University, Parkville
- Maryville University of St. Louis, St. Louis
- Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville
- William Woods University, Fulton
- Fontbonne University, St. Louis
- Grantham University, Kansas City
- Missouri Baptist University, St. Louis
- Missouri Southern State University, Joplin
- Stephens College, Columbia
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion
- Dakota State University, Madison
- University of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls
- National American University, Rapid City
- University of Wyoming, Laramie